Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:07 pm 

Vadara wrote:
Why was The Hopewell Furnace blacklisted? Sounds like bog standard Tech Deathcore in the "Tech Death with breakdowns" style akin to Shadow of Intent or The Faceless.

"Non-metal deathcore with the occasional trem lick", late 2018.

Vadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:15 pm 

I normally mostly agree with your decisions but I find this strange. Seemed riffy enough to me. Was is the more chaotic structure/sweeps? Oh well.

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:52 pm 

Is Instrumental music not accepted???? Other than that I dont see how this could be rejected as metal. Especially considering the band considers themselves prog metal

https://youtu.be/mOBYAjD2ha4

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:44 pm 

deathbyschuldiner wrote:
Is Instrumental music not accepted???? Other than that I dont see how this could be rejected as metal. Especially considering the band considers themselves prog metal

Being instrumental has nothing to do with if a band is acceptable or not. This is clearly djent/-core.

gajrob
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:27 am 

Ruadh has been blacklisted.
Checking the reason.
Cheers

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 am 

deathbyschuldiner wrote:

Well fuck, if the band considers themselves metal..... what are we even here for?

gajrob wrote:
Checking the reason.
Cheers

Too many submissions before it was released

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:08 am 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
deathbyschuldiner wrote:

Being instrumental has nothing to do with if a band is acceptable or not. This is clearly djent/-core.

Yeah Not Quite....

The soundclip provided for the band in question is not Djent/Core. It is however technical prog metal. I just wanted to see if the staff would do their due diligence. So I added under their genre classification Technical Prog "Core"/ Instrumental "Core". I have my answer now.... The band themselves describes their sound as drawing from Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment/Planet X. Amazing how one word can completely invalidate a band as being metal or not. But it's your site not mines...

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:36 am 

Death, I really hope you realise 1 thing: just because they take inspiration from a band doesn't mean they play the same damn genre.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am 

Witcher wrote:
The American band Ardormort is blacklisted for being predominantly ambien¨t, but could they be white listed on the basis of their new albumTo Live And To die. TThis new album seems to be based on guitar riffs in black/doom metal style and the ambient keyboards are mostly only in the background. Full album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3o7TwaTzw

My question was left out ont the previous page, so I am reposting it here.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 am 

deathbyschuldiner wrote:
Yeah Not Quite....

The soundclip provided for the band in question is not Djent/Core. It is however technical prog metal. I just wanted to see if the staff would do their due diligence. So I added under their genre classification Technical Prog "Core"/ Instrumental "Core". I have my answer now.... The band themselves describes their sound as drawing from Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment/Planet X. Amazing how one word can completely invalidate a band as being metal or not. But it's your site not mines...

You could've put "Speed Metal" in the genre field, we wouldn't care. We go by what we hear, not what you, the band or anyone else call it ;)

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:09 am 

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO wrote:
Death, I really hope you realise 1 thing: just because they take inspiration from a band doesn't mean they play the same damn genre.

Until you actually listen to them

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:16 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
deathbyschuldiner wrote:
Yeah Not Quite....

You could've put "Speed Metal" in the genre field, we wouldn't care. We go by what we hear, not what you, the band or anyone else call it ;)

But when you hear a song that you already have preconceived notions about and then you comeback and say "This us clearly Djent/Core" when it isnt. There has to be some level of bias effecting that P.O.V. You reviewed a band that was listed as "Core" and I assume that had already played into decision beforehand. The music track I embedded has NO core elements whatsoever. But its "clearly core". But from what I gather, the band accepting process is based somewhat subjectively

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:56 am 

I suggest you drop the subject.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:11 pm 

deathbyschuldiner wrote:
The music track I embedded has NO core elements whatsoever.

:lol: :lol:

And yes, drop it. They're not getting accepted. End of story.

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 pm 

I mean That's ok... The purpose of this was to obtain answers to a question I and many others have. Instead of asking that question directly and receiving a shitstorm I just altered the premise of the question. Thank you for answering that question. Good Luck

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm 

We finally accept Hatebreed to the site 2K19

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:00 am 

Vadara wrote:
Why was The Hopewell Furnace blacklisted? Sounds like bog standard Tech Deathcore in the "Tech Death with breakdowns" style akin to Shadow of Intent or The Faceless.

"Non-metal deathcore with the occasional trem lick", late 2018.

"non-metal deathcore"
All deathcore is inherently metal how long is this site going to push this "deffkoar iz nut metUl" meme?
(I don't even like most deathcore)

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:56 am 

deathbyschuldiner wrote:

Listened to the song linked and that is objectively metal lmao, it's all metal riffing

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:53 am 

Pessipath, don't post in this thread unless it is to bring up a band. This thread is for people to inquire and only mods to respond as to the whether the music qualifies. You've been warned.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 am 

I have submitted the band Witchgrove yesterday. I have noticed later, that another user submitted the band in the same minute, but his submission was clearly positioned aaafter mine in the queue. I have reported his one as a duplicate entry and what was the result? My submsission was rejected and his one approved , allegedly for having more info. My susubmission had all the info needed, the samples and the link to Bandcamp with tthe album. I do not add the albums in the submission, because the current version of the site makes it hard for me to do so. I find this treatment to be unfair, unjust and hhighly discriminatory.

To it comes, that I strongly suspect it to be an attempt to steal my submission by another user. I have recently experienced it in two more cacases and it is highly suspicious, that in the period, when the queue was all "calm and ququiet" another submission ssuddenly appears following mine, especially when I did the unfortunate mistake of placing the link to my longtime band resource in the field visible for all users and not only moderators.
Another example of user possibly stealing the info collected by me is this submission of Blood Warrior. It apparently uses the info collected by me int hte ba"Possible band additins" thread, without asking me for allowance and also without adding anything new. I highly doubt , that he has the additional proof of physical release/distribution and when he had it, he should primarily post it in the "Band Research" thread, from where he took the info: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bl ... 3540451989

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 am 

Ok, I rejected Blood Warrior because as you said, there was zero proof of anything in the submission. As for your other inquiries, come on Witcher, the staff isn't treating you unfairly and we aren't ganging up against you. Shit happens as you well know and remember. Perhaps this other submission really was more complete, I don't know because it wasn't me. Especially if it really was a close in time as you're saying the submissions are.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 am 

It was within a minute and he had all albums and lineups added. He was just waiting for the newest release to be out and might have missed it by two days. It was in his drafts since March and adding the newest release was literally the only thing he did shortly before submitting it on that day. All links were already saved in the submission notes since Day 1.
I'd say coincidence.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:37 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Ok, I rejected Blood Warrior because as you said, there was zero proof of anything in the submission. As for your other inquiries, come on Witcher, the staff isn't treating you unfairly and we aren't ganging up against you. Shit happens as you well know and remember. Perhaps this other submission really was more complete, I don't know because it wasn't me. Especially if it really was a close in time as you're saying the submissions are.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, it was probably a coincidence, but still my submission was first in line and I find it got an unfair treatment. I think the rule was "first come, first serve" , unless the first submission is premature or is missing proofs of valid release or metalness. I only find it sad, that my handcap is used against me, even if wwithout a malicious intent on the moderation side. It was rejected by an newly appointed moderator, whose name I did not want to mention, since I did counted with the possibility of a mistake out of not knowing the context. But I would be glad, if this would not become a coomon occurance in the future and if my submissions were viewed as satisfactory, of course, if they will have the two main proofs of valid releases and metalness. Thanks also for rejectiong the submission of Blood Warrior.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 am 

Sorry, Witcher, please don't be upset. That I rejected your submission did not aim at you; I focused on the issue, not some certain user. These are really rare "same-minute" submissions, I thought it wouldn't hurt to to approve a more complete one.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:00 am 

O.K., I fully accept your apology, but I just want to let you and the rest of the staff know, that I currently cannot make more complete submissions, since the features in v2 of the database for adding albums and band members (this feature is new and exclusive to the modernized version of the site) are really hard for a person without eyesight to use. I always try to add tlinks to albums and proofs in the notes for mo¨derators and try also to include to memeber info for the more obscure bands in the additional notes section, so they can be subsequently placed in their repctive fields by other users. I also recently post links to the related links section to make clear, that the most iimportant info is available. Please, bear with me and take it into account in the future. thanks.

deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 pm 

Pessipath wrote:
deathbyschuldiner wrote:

Listened to the song linked and that is objectively metal lmao, it's all metal riffing

I know bro... Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:17 pm 

I have a hard as hell time adding bands with upcoming releases. Would someone of higher power (or somebody who isn't lazy like myself) mind adding this band? Come get dem points!

https://shadowkingdomrecords.bandcamp.c ... the-trance

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:11 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
The American band Ardormort is blacklisted for being predominantly ambien¨t, but could they be white listed on the basis of their new albumTo Live And To die. TThis new album seems to be based on guitar riffs in black/doom metal style and the ambient keyboards are mostly only in the background. Full album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3o7TwaTzw

My question was left out ont the previous page, so I am reposting it here.

Sorry for reposting again sooner than in a week, but in regard to . that it is at obvious risk of being buried again under that obvious trolling attempt above and the completely off-topic request in the last post before mine, I am aking again to ensure, that it does not get lost.

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:22 pm 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:
I have a hard as hell time adding bands with upcoming releases. Would someone of higher power (or somebody who isn't lazy like myself) mind adding this band? Come get dem points!

Do you mind if I add it?

EDIT: Witcher is right, sorry for posting this here, me and SweetLeaf are off-topic anyways..

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:45 pm 

ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
SweetLeaf95 wrote:

Do you mind if I add it?

You do realize, that the album is not out yet and he had trouble submitting it, because he obviously tried to submit it beforethe release date, don't you?
Please see here, the release date is april the 19 th, 2019: https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Trance- ... B07NNMJK9M

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm 

Witcher wrote:
ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
SweetLeaf95 wrote:

Do you mind if I add it?

You do realize, that the album is not out yet and he had trouble submitting it, because he obviously tried to submit it beforethe release date, don't you?
Please see here, the release date is april the 19 th, 2019: https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Trance- ... B07NNMJK9M

Yes I know Witcher, but I understood that he is "lazy" to add the band until the release date so he wanted other user to make an entry, I think I have mistaken something

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:58 pm 

If you were trigright in your assumption, then he should not make such a request here , where it is absolutely ooff-topic. Itis because of posts like this, that users like you and me , who have legitimate questions about rejected bands, do get their answers very slowly or their posts get overlooked. But enough off-topicfrom me already, so I wil stop here. also

joH1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:05 am 

Hello guys,

I'd like to know why the band Worselder from France (Bandcamp / Website) was blacklisted...
If it's a genre issue then OK, though they sound metal enough to me :)
If it's a lack of releases, they've released their second full-length, with CDs available for purchase here and here.
I've even got a physical copy of a 2014 demo handed out at a show (that's how I know about them in the first place) but I believe it doesn't qualify.

Cheers!

gajrob
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
gajrob wrote:
Checking the reason.
Cheers

Too many submissions before it was released

Makes sense at the time; not wanting to reject them over and over, and all that.
Any chance of them being de-black-listed, now that the LP is out?
Cheers

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 am 

gajrob wrote:
Makes sense at the time; not wanting to reject them over and over, and all that.
Any chance of them being de-black-listed, now that the LP is out?
Cheers

Whitelisted.

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 am 

Witcher wrote:
that obvious trolling attempt above and the completely off-topic request in the last post before mine

Witcher wrote:
Itis because of posts like this, that users like you and me , who have legitimate questions about rejected bands, do get their answers very slowly or their posts get overlooked.

Calm your shit down. It wasn't obvious trolling, it was a legit question and if there is a better thread for this, I'll gladly take it there next time. Get your panties out of a bunch.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 am 

By trolling I of course meant the posts by another user about djent and deathcore being metal genres. I think it is obvious form ny original post.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 pm 

I spent two years contemplating whether or not to add Cable Regime and it wasn't blacklisted, not sure where it would fit in the grey area between industrial rock and industrial metal, given that the band sounds exactly like Godflesh's Selfless album which Justin described as his "rock" album even though it sounds exactly like Godflesh before just with more melody. Just asking to confirm, I guess it was judged to be industrial rock? With no intent to argue, just for closure on the two years of contemplation. :)

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

NoisegrinderCR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm 

Impaled Cunts from costa rica have been blacklisted for a while, they just released a split cd today and it was relases digitally and CD, please give it a go and let me know if it can be whitelisted

https://impaledcr.bandcamp.com/album/th ... the-toilet

Petrus_Steele
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 pm 

Why is the band Light the Torch blacklisted?

Light the Torch, formerly known as Devil You Know who're on the site; two full-lengths and two singles, have changed their name to Light the Torch in 2017, but a page for the new name-change doesn't exist.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 534, 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541  Next